SAFETY AT HOME & ON THE GO
TRAVEL SAFETY BED
Whether you're traveling to a doctor's appointment out of state or down the road to grandma's house, remember to pack your peace of mind. The Safety Sleeper® comes in its own hard shell suitcase for travel and takes just minutes to build, making it the most versatile home & away safety bed.
Compatible with most beds or bed frames, The Safety Sleeper® can be brought to hotels, vacation homes, or condos with your family. All beds are air mattress compatible and most hotels will provide you with a standard mattress upon request. Take the hard shell suitcase with you on a plane, train, bus, or car, and enjoy standard pricing with our lightweight sizing. When packed in the suitcase, all beds are less than 50 pounds (excluding the Queen size which weighs approximately 55 pounds).
When packing your peace of mind, trust you don't lose any safety or protection. Our travel bed meets and exceeds the FDA 7 Entrapement Zones.
Weighing less than 50 pounds when packaged, The Safety Sleeper® is lightweight enough for most standard suitcase limits in airports.
Build The Safety Sleeper® with your own two hands! No need to bring tools when you travel. Just your suitcase and peace of mind!
"I am so thrilled and have continued to be about The Safety Sleeper I've had now for 3 years. Last weekend I had to unexpectedly get a hotel room for 2 nights because an ice storm around my area knocked down power lines, leaving me with no power for 4 days. I had to get a hotel room for myself and 4 kids so I packed up The Safety Sleeper in it's handy suitcase and took it to the hotel with me. It worked out perfectly for my special needs son who has down syndrome and autism. I cannot tell you how much it eliminated even more headaches than I already was having as a single mom of 4. Thank you so much!!!"
While Traveling by Car
While Traveling by Plane
It is a good idea to have earplugs or noise-canceling headphones for your child. If this is your child’s first time on an airplane, be sure to discuss the sights and sounds of the airplane ride prior to and during your flight.
Operation Autism is a web-based resource specifically designed and created to support military families that have children with autism. It is the shared product of the vision and energy of the Organization for Autism Research (OAR) and the funding support of the American Legion Child Welfare Foundation. Learn more about Operation Autism on their website.
GENERAL TRAVEL TIPS
FROM OUR BLOG
- Travel Resources for All-Needs Families
- 4 Cool Gadgets to Ease Traveling with Your Special Needs Child
- To Grandmother's House We Go: Traveling for the Holidays with Special Needs
- Browse our full blog to learn more about The Safety Sleeper®
- Happy Trails for Special Needs Travelers - Our Trip on the Amtrak Train
- Autism on the Seas - Vacations for Adults and Families living with Autism, Down Syndrome, and other related Disabilities
- Travel with the Dostal Family: Dream Keepers Spotlight
- The Fidget Folder - A Sensory Therapy Product for At Home or On The Go
TRAVEL TIPS BY LOCATION
FROM OUR BLOG
- Travel Tips and Sensory Friendly Activities in Pittsburgh
- FunAbilities - the world's first search service for people of all abilities
- Give Kids the World Village - Kissimmee Florida
- Morgan's Wonderland All Abilities Amusement Park in San Antonio, Texas
- 12 Best Special Needs Family Vacations by Family Vacation Critic
- 30 Best Autism-Friendly Vacation Ideas (2019) by Applied Behavioral Analysis Programs Guide
- Beaches is Home to the Caribbean's First Autism-Friendly Kids Camps - Beaches has partnered with The International Board of Credentialing and Continuing Education Standards (IBCCES), a global leader in online training and certification programs.